Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Just Another Spicy Sunday

Note to self - when creating a recipe... WRITE IT DOWN!

I was finding myself inspired after a weekend of cooking saucy dishes so I decided to expirement with what I had in the fridge. Below is what I used and how I made this super simple, flavor packed dish. 

Cilantro Lime Chicken Wonton Tacos

Ingredients

Wonton wrappers
1 pound of Chicken
Cilantro
Taco Seasoning
1 Lime
Colby Jack Cheese
Avocado
Scallions
Sour Cream

Directions


This was probably the hardest part of the recipe, haha. Spray both sides of a deep baking dish with cooking spray. Gently (really gently) lay the wonton wrappers over the edge and bake in the oven at about 400 degrees until they are just crispy enough to hold their shape. 


Making shredded chicken is super easy. Put all of your raw chicken into a pot with water, and boil for about 20 minutes until cooked through and easily shredded with a fork.


Toss the chicken into the pan with taco seasoning, the juice of one whole lime and about 1/4 cup of chopped, fresh cilantro.


Cook to your liking. Since the chicken has already been boiled, essentially, it's already done. I like to saute my chicken with whatever juices I throw in there to really get some flavor.


Once your chicken is cooked and your wonton wrappers are shaped and crispy, fill each wrapper with your cheese, chicken, avocado and top with scallions. I put some sour cream and taco sauce on the side, but it was completely unnecessary since the chicken itself was spicy and packed with lime flavor.


Simple. Pretty. Delicious.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment