Monday, May 21, 2012

Hot Cheese and Onion Souffle Dip

Hot Onion and Cheese Soufflé Dip (found here)
serves 10-12


1 large sweet onion, chopped
3 (8-ounce) packages of cream cheese, softened
2 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise (I used olive oil based mayonnaise)
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, plus more to taste (add more if you want to spice it up)
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives, plus more for garnish
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Preheat the oven to 425º F.

In the bowl of a food processor combine the onion, cream cheese, parmesan cheese and mayonnaise. Process until completely smooth.  I am a master of packing, so I got it all in there and blending just fine. ;)


Add the cayenne and fold in the chives. Season to taste with salt and pepper. 


Only reason I posted this pic is becasue the chives are from my garden. That's right. I've gone completely domestic.


Transfer the mixture to a 1-quart baking dish and smooth the top with the back of a spoon. Bake until browned and puffed, about 20 minutes. I cooked this for about 20 minutes, in all honesty, it needed to be cooked more to get that browned, crisp look.

Allow to cool slightly; garnish with chopped chives.

I did sliced red peppers and whole grain chips as dippers. Uh, yum!

2 comments:

  1. It was very yummy! thanks for making it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked it! It came out so light and airy I was impressed with myself. ;)

    ReplyDelete