Monday, April 23, 2012

Healthy Snacking

My goal this year has been to work towards a healthier me. Obviously that should include eating well and feeding my body with the right kind of nutrients. I had the munchies over the weekend and instead of reaching for leftover Easter candy I decided to expirement a bit with some fun alterations to healthy snacks. 

Apple Crisps

Ingredients:

2 apples (I used Red Delicious... they were on sale)
Cinammon
Sugar (optional)
Cooking Spray


Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.

Slice all of your apples extremely thin. Take your time and use a super sharp knife.


Lay all of your apples in a single layer on two baking sheets. Sprinkle your apples with cinnamon and sugar to your tast.


Bake the apples for approximately 1 hour at that low temperature. I kept checking on mine because I wasn't sure how long it would take for them to cook and ended up turning up the temperature to 225 degrees for another hour or so. They won't burn quickly so just keep an eye on them. 

Peel them off of your foil and store in an airtight container.


Thin, crunchy, snack attack.


Crispy Parmesan Edamame

Ingredients:

1 bag frozen edamame (could probably use fresh as well)
Parmesan cheese and garlic powder (or any other spice you'd like to eat)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Spread out your edamame in a glass baking dish. If you use the whole bag of edamame, I used a 13x9x2 baking dish.


Spinkle the edamame with all of your spices.


Bake for 15-20 minutes, checking sporadically for crispiness.


These are pretty guilt free. :)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment