Sunday, February 10, 2013

Coconut Macaroons


Real Simple. No, really, the recipe is from Real Simple Magazine. One of my favorites. My mom renews my subscription every year for Christmas. Some of their issues are totally awesome. Did I mention I love this magazine? 

Update: 24 servings - 1 WW points plus each... WOW

Ingredients:

3 large egg whites
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 14 ounce package sweetened shredded coconut

Preheat oven to 325. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment (I used foil).









Whisk together the egg whites, sugar, vanilla, and salt in a medium bowl until glossy and the sugar is almost dissolved.


Use an ice cream scoop, drop the batter in mounds (about 2 tablespoons each) 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheets.


Bake, rotating the sheets halfway through, until golden brown. I baked 25 minutes and rotated after 10.

Let them cool completely.


These will keep for up to 5 days at room temperature in an airtight container.

Been awhile since the finished product actually looks like what's in the magazine. Yahoo for success!!


No comments:

Post a Comment