Saturday, March 23, 2013

Kale Chips

Kale.

That phantom leafy green that no one can describe other than to say "well, um... it's like spinach. kind of."

The hubs and I have decided we need a change and in an effort to eat healthier and continue to be active I've been in search of new snacks. My big sis suggested kale chips, it's how she got her toddler to start eating veggies. If it worked for a toddler, I was hoping it would work for the hubs. ;)

When I say this is easy... I mean it's so easy my friend Jules can do it... she blows up hot chocolate in the microwave.

Ingredients:

Kale
Sea salt

Look at it... laying there in all its nutritious glory. Isn't it beautiful? Vivacious even? I'm just kidding. It's spinach. It's hideous.

 
Tear your kale up into bite sized pieces. It looks, smells and tastes a lot like parsley. I would say the consistency is much closer to that than to spinach.

  • Preheat your oven to 350.
  • No joke, line a baking sheet with foil, spray it with Pam (or homemade, cheaper stuff - equal parts water/vegetable oil or canola oil).
  • Sift some sea salt over those bad boys. I know I know... I never add salt to ANYTHING, but it gives it flavor other than kale.


Bake. Patiently. With a watchful eye for 13-15 minutes depending on how crisp you want your chips.

And done. Did you do it? Was it easy?  

 
Told ya.

 
Now go do it again. This time try a little curry and chili powder. Gives it an extra kick. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment