Saturday, August 31, 2013

Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Meatballs

Hold on. *nom nom nom* I'm just *nom nom* finishing up... *nom nom nom* Ate these less than 2 hours ago... they were too good not to share.

This girl, right here, deserves an award. These meatballs are so large, and lovely (insert giggle here), I couldn't keep them out of my mouth (insert another giggle here... grow up)! Seriously... they are easy (that's what she said) and so delicious my whole family loved them. I adapted the recipe a bit, but try it. You won't be sorry.

Ingredients:

  • 1 lb. ground turkey (try an Italian Seasoned batch, adds extra flavor and spice)
  • 1 egg
  • 1 c. bread crumbs
  • 1 tbsp. dried oregano
  • 1 tbsp. dried basil leaves
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 c. Parmesan reggiano cheese, shredded
  • 12 cubes pieces of fresh mozzarella
  • 3 tbsp. olive oil
  • 1-26 oz jar spaghetti sauce
  •  
    In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients down to the mozzarella . Save that for later.
     

    Roll your sleeves up, wash your hands, and get in there to mix it all in with your fingers. Gross, I know, but trust me, the end result will come out SO MUCH BETTER.

    Separate you meat mixture into 12 lumps. Here's a step by step of how I stuffed them...

    Flatten your meat lump.


    Place the cheese in it.


    Fold over the sides like you're tucking the mozzarella in for a warm, gooey, delicious sleep.


    See. Told you it was easy.

    Swirl your pan with a few swigs of olive oil and toss your balls in. I know you're still laughing, but focus. Foooocus. Brown them on as many sides as possible, turning often, for about 10 minutes.


    Once you've browned them pretty good, toss you jar of sauce in the pan, reduce your heat, and cover.


    Simmer 20-25 minutes. I stirred occasionally to coat everything with sauce, I love me some sauce. Once you see the mozzarella starting to leak out, give it a stir, 3-5 more minutes and you should be good to go.

    See below for melty, meaty, yummy goodness. Trust me when I say 2 is enough.


    And don't forget the wine!!



     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment